about core

Why do we do it?

team core teamfoto.jfif
team core teamfoto.jfif

In 2016 alone, 44.7 million metric tonnes of e-waste were generated, which is the equivalent of 4500 Eifel towers. This is expected to grow to 52.2 million metric tonnes by the end of 2021, with an annual growth rate of 3 to 4%. Only 20% of this is supposed to be collected and recycled, the other 80% is not documented and very likely to be dumped, traded or recycled under inferior conditions.

This huge improperly treated waste stream does not only harm the environment but also the health of animals, including humans, that come in contact with it. There are about 60 different chemical elements present in e-waste streams that spread via water, air, soil, dust and food. 

 

Some of these elements, like lead, mercury and cadmium, are very hazardous, especially for children, and can lead to irreversible cognitive deficits, behavioural and motor skill problems. Moreover, not properly recycling e-waste also depletes our earth of very precious and rare materials like gold and platinum. This may not only lead to shortages, but also requires the continuous mining of new raw materials which is very hazardous and damaging to the environment. The United Nations University estimates raw materials retrieved from e-waste to be worth around €55 billion.

2015

THE NEXT GENERATION

PWS_edited.jpg
2018

TEAM CORE STARTS

teams-contest_edited.jpg
2006-2011

THE FIRST GENERATION

IVER.png
2018

IVER B.V.

IMG_9345_IVER-1030x687-1_edited.jpg
2020

REVEAL CORE FOURNOS

fournos website picca_edited.jpg

CORE's history
 

In 2015 our founder Dirk joined this mission, by designing the first factory to implement our technologies as his high-school end project.

Our story started with the name Instituut Voor Elementaire Retractie, an institute focussed on finding a solution for industrial waste streams that are currently being dumped.

After joining university Dirk decided to create the first IVER spin-off together with his dad Gabby, IVER BV, an industrial application of CORE's technology.

At the same time Dirk founded CORE, the student team that would not only win the TU/e contest in its first year, but grow even further into the succes we all know.

To further grow the possibilities of CORE's technology, a test oven was built, named CORE Fournos, which is unique worldwide.

2021

START OF THE ZERO AGE PROJECT

CORE_BSREVEAL_EM_81.JPG

Our story started with the name Instituut Voor Elementaire Retractie, an institute focussed on finding a solution for industrial waste streams that are currently being dumped.

2022

REVEAL CORE MAGMA

CORE_MAGMAREVEAL_EM_4.JPG

Our story started with the name Instituut Voor Elementaire Retractie, an institute focussed on finding a solution for industrial waste streams that are currently being dumped.

2022

REVEAL CORE TITAN

WhatsApp Image 2021-10-12 at 18.56_edited.jpg

From that moment on the projects started piling, with Magma following in close, an oven that turns fly-ash into basalt tiles, boring but beautiful

2022

REVEAL TEMNOS

temnos website 2.png
Present

THE STORY CONTINUES